Bal Thackeray Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Death, Family, Biography & More
Let’s Know About Bal Thackeray
Bal Thackeray was born on 23 January 1926 in Pune. He was a renowned and Indian cartoonist and Politician. He was founded the Shiv Sena, They preferred Marathi more and their party was actively working in western Maharashtra. His colleagues call him “Balasaheb”. His followers call him Hindu heart emperor.
Bal Thackeray was born to Sitaram Thackeray and Ramabai. His father was an author and social activist. He had eight siblings and Bal Thackeray was eldest of them. Ramesh Thackeray, Shrikant Prabodhankar Thackeray were his brothers and Pama Tipnis, Sudha Sule, Sarla Gadkari, Susheela Gupta & Sanjeevni Karandikar were his sisters.
On 13 June 1948 Bal Thackeray got married to Meena Thackeray. Bal Thackeray had three sons Bhindumadhav Thackeray, Jaidev Thackeray and Uddhav Thackeray.
Bal Thackeray wife died in 1995 in the subsequent year, His son Bhindumadhav Thackeray died in a car accident Bal Thackeray has no daughter.
click here – What are the top technicalities of the SAST concept which the organisations should know?
Bal Thackeray started his career as a cartoonist in Mumbai in the 1950s. Thackeray worked for the Free Press Journal and his cartoons were also published in the Times of India’s Sunday edition.
Bal Thackeray Launched his cartoon weekly ‘Marmik’ along with his brother Srikant Thackeray in 1960. His cartoons also published in the Sunday edition of New York Times and Japanese daily Newspaper, Asahi Shimbun.
On 19 June 1966, he founded Shiv Sena. The meaning of Shiv Sena is the Army of Shivaji, a great and famous Maratha Warrior.
On 17 November 2012, Bal Thackeray died of cardiac arrest at the age of 86 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was accorded a State funeral and was the first public funeral in the city after that of Bal Gangadhar Tilak in 1920.
Though he did not hold any official position, he was given a 21 – gun salute.
click here – Best cloud servers dominating the web hosting industry
|Biography of Bal Keshav Thackeray|
|Real Name||Bal Keshav Thackeray|
|Nick Name||Balasaheb, Hindi Hruday Samrat|
|Political Party||Shiv Sena|
|Date of Birth||23 January 1926|
|Birth Place||Pune, India|
|Caste||Marathi Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP Community)|
|Height||5 ft 7 Inches (170 cm)|
|Weight in Kg||60 Kg|
|Weight in Pound||132 Ibs|
|Hair Color||39 Inches|
|Father||Keshav Sitaram Thackeray (a social reformer and journalist)|
|Brother||Ramesh Thackeray, Shrikant Prabhodankar Thackeray|
|Sister||Pama Tipnis, Sudha Sule, Sarla Gadkari, Susheela Gupte, Sanjeevani Karandikar|
|Children & Marital Status|
|Son||Bhindumadhav Thackeray, Jaidev Thackeray, Uddhav thackeray|
|Education & College|
|Education Qualification||A school Drop-Out|
|Favorite Leader||Mahatma Gandhii|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Nana Patekar|
|Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar
Photography, Listening to Music, Travelling, Reading
|Net Worth||40 Crore (INR)|
|Date of Death||17 November 2012|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of ath)||
|Address (till the time of his death in 2012)||Matoshree, Kalanagar, Bandra East, Mumbai|
Thackeray was fond wine, beer and cigar.
When Thackeray was a child, his mother.
Thackeray wrote for Marathi publication under the pen name “Mavla.”
In 1967, the Shiv Sena sought its first victory in the Thane Municipal Council Election.
American pop – star Michael Jackson Visitied Maharashtra and Met Bal Thackeray in 1996.
- Throughout his life, he had been criticized for promoting regionalism on ethnic lines.
- He was also criticized for his right-wing Hindu extremism.
- The first time he came under criticism was soon after the launch of Shiv Sena in 1966 when he launched a campaign against the South Indians in Mumbai, whom he accused of stealing jobs of the local Marathi people.
- In 1969, he was arrested and sent to Yerwada Prison in connection with Maharashtra-Karnataka border dispute.
- He was a staunch critic of Pakistan. In 1998, a ghazal concert of Ghulam Ali was disrupted following the orders of Bal Thackeray.
- He surprised political circles after he extended his support to the Emergency announced by Indira Gandhi in 1975.
- Allegations were made against him for embarking the communal riots in Bhiwandi in 1984; in which 17 persons were killed and more than 100 were injured.
- Allegations were made against him for conspiring the Babri Masjid demolition.
- After the 1993 Bombay-Blast, it was said that Bal Thackeray was one of them who incited the communal violence.
- In 1995, he opposed the release of Bollywood film “Bombay,” which was based on the communal riots in Mumbai after the 1993 Mumbai-Bomb-Blast.
- In Saamna (the mouthpiece of Shiv Sena), once he signed “Ek Bihari, Sau Bimari.” To this, Nitish Kumar (the then Chief Minister of Bihar) filed a written complaint with the Prime Minister of India. His comment also led the resignation of Shiv Sena’s North India chief Jai Bhagwan Goyal who termed Shiv Sena as a Khalistan and militant organization.
- He also paid disrespect to APJ Abdul Kalam (the then President of India) for not pronouncing the death sentence of Afzal Guru.
- He was also criticised for praising Hitler in an interview to a daily-newspaper in 2007.
- In 2007, he was briefly arrested after referring to Muslims as “green poison” during a Shiv Sena rally.
- He also earned a controversy for supporting the Tamil militant organization- LTTE.
- Social activist Anna Hazare and Bal Thackeray’s brother Ramesh Thackeray had accused him of disproportionate assets and asked for a CBI inquiry.