Teeth are one of the primary and most essential structures in a human being. They have many functions, but the basic is chewing and speaking. However, they can be lost in various ways, including an accident, medical condition, or other factors. For example, toothless gum can pose your mouth with a significant health condition, so they need replacement. Various methods have been used to replace them over the years, but the following highlight will feature two ways: dentures and dental implants.
They are removable orthotic replacements made to replace lost teeth. Dentures are the substitute teeth attached through gum-colored plastic substructure or metal. They are designed to resemble the feel and look of regular teeth and perform the normal functions of teeth. Dentures can either replace incomplete or the whole set of teeth. The partial set is the most common form of dentures.
They are attached to the natural teeth by internal attachments or metal clasps. Complete set dentures are used when the whole of your teeth is missing. The first step to replacing them is taking the impression of the gums, especially when all the teeth need replacement. The dentist then studies your bites and jaw alignments to ensure the required size. After being made, a dentist will fix the artificial teeth in your mouth and adjust them to the dimensions that suit you best. They serve a great deal because they help keep your remaining regular teeth.
These are replacement teeth fixed permanently in a surgical procedure. There are one day implants or two-phase implants, whereby the second phase is done after six months. The first step is removing the damaged root from your jawbone. The jawbone is then drilled, and the artificial tooth is attached to your jawbone using a titanium screw called a post.
Later, small posts supporting this tooth are connected to the implant through the gums. The jaw bonds with the titanium and creates a strong foundation for the artificial tooth. The crown is fixed on the post in the second phase.
Making a Decision on Dental Implants versus Dentures
- The first factor to consider when going for teeth replacement is age. When you are still below the age of 60, implants will work best for you, considering your involvement in your daily routines. Older people may believe dentures are better due to their less busy schedules, so they will have time to care for them.
- You may not have enough bone material due to injury, age, tooth loss, or gum disease. You will be a suitable candidate for dentures because implants require one to have a certain amount of bone density. Although another process, bone grafting, will enable you to qualify for implants if it is necessary.
- Hygiene is also important. You need to take good care of your teeth, and therefore, artificial teeth need extra care. Dentures always need daily maintenance whereby the teeth are taken out and cleaned. Therefore, you should be honest with your choice of replacement due to your ability to maintain good hygiene.
- Dental implants provide better chewing and comfort than dentures; however, you can use both dentures and implants to give the highest efficiency level.
- The cost of dental services varies from one dental facility to another. Dental implants are expensive compared to dentures because of the involvement of the surgical procedure. Therefore, you can choose according to your ability to pay.
- Implants may have cracked crowns and loosened posts as a complication. Their counterparts’ dentures’ have no main problem, maybe being misaligned. The user can easily fix this.
- Maintenance is also a significant factor to consider. Dentures will require you to replace them from time to time because your bites make them worn out. For example, dental implants requiring no replacement may be in a unique scenario where the implant has become very loose or has broken.
Teeth replacement methods need serious consideration before being chosen. There are many other ways apart from the two, but you have to consult your dentist before choosing. You should decide after reckoning with your priorities and what you want these prostheses to accomplish.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AllForMens
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Anamounto
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AskCorran