If you are driving a car with defects, you are not only putting your life at risk but others’ lives too. You may encounter severe injuries if your car breaks down in the middle of the road. Other drivers and pedestrians can also receive injuries and damage. If you have been injured because of a faulty car, you can contact a Macon defective car lawyer, who can help you obtain the right amount for compensation. These defects may occur due to the manufacturing designs. However, you may not know whom to contact if this happens to you. That’s why hiring a lawyer is a smart choice.
Getting compensation for the defective car
These cases are not the same as personal injury cases because you will not be able to prove that the manufacturer acted negligently at the time of the accident. However, these cases will be considered product liability cases in which the person has received injuries because he was driving the faulty vehicle. You can hold the following parties liable for your injuries:
- The manufacturer
- The dealer
- The wholesaler
- The manufacturer of the faulty part or parts in the car
Recovering the losses of you have suffered
It is recommended to get in touch with the defective car attorney with the proper knowledge and expertise in this field. He might have fought similar cases in the past and can file your case and win it successfully. You may need to prove the following in this case:
- Experts need to assess the vehicle to figure out whether the part or parts in the car had manufacturing defects.
- You were following all rules and traffic laws when the accident occurred. If you had made any mistake when driving, you will not be able to recover any of your losses.
- You did not alter the condition of the car after you purchased it. The car is in the same condition until the accident date.
- The design of the car was technically accepted but the manufacturer made mistake in creating or manufacturing the vehicle.
- There was no warning sign associated with the vehicle.
If the manufacturer has issued the defective product and you suffered injuries, you are entitled to receive injuries. However, the case may be more complex than your expectations. That’s why hiring a good defective car attorney can save you from a lot of hassles.