CBD oil has been effective for the treatment of arthritis pain, proven by earlier studies. CBD oil is extracted from cannabis plants which most people use for reducing pain caused by chronic conditions, mainly arthritis.
CBD oil affects the immune system and brain receptors exactly the way proved by researchers and scientists to reduce pain and inflammation. Thus, CBD has its benefits for chronic pain, such as arthritis.
Commonly, there are two types of arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune condition that affects the immune system of joints, causing inflammation. Mostly, it affects feet, hands and results in painful, stiff, and swollen joints.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative condition that affects bones and joint cartilage, hence causing stiffness and pain. Mostly, it affects the knee, thumb, and hip joints.
According to the Arthritis Foundation, some people with arthritis using CBD treatment have noticed pain relief, reduced anxiety, and sleep improvement. However, more reports and findings are required to prove that CBD treatment is an effective substitute for relieving arthritis pain.
Using CBD Oil
CBD products are available in oil or powder that can be made gels or creams for people to apply to the skin of arthritis-affected areas. It is also available in the form of capsules or as oral sprays.
Moreover, it is recommended to consult a doctor before using CBD oil as the use of cannabis products is not legal everywhere.
Directions of Using CBD for Arthritis
Patients and their doctors follow some directions of using CBD treatment for arthritis pain based on interest and availability. Here are some guidelines for people using CDB as a treatment for arthritis.
- Choose CBD products that have been minutely tested for potency, safety, and purity. And has received a valid GMT (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification.
- Prefer oral treatment over inhaling products.
- Initially, start with a low dose of CBD in the evening and then gradually increase as recommended by the doctor.
- Use CBD as a part of an overall pain management treatment, including psychologist support and exercise.
- Take recommendations from your doctor about your CBD treatment, pain, and medical adjustments, rather than taking suggestions from CBD product sellers or any other person of non-medical ground.
- Do not make CBD your first and only treatment of arthritis pain relief. However, it is suggested to be considered in case other treatments do not prove effective for you.
- People who have rheumatoid arthritis or other arthritis conditions are not recommended to stop prescribed medications that protect their joints from future damage. Further, discuss changes in your medications with your doctor.
- Do not take suggestions from nonmedical practitioners about the CBD products, such as the seller, to treat your chronic pain. Your treatment and medications should always be between your doctor and you.
Both CBD flower and Delta8 help in reducing pain. Always be thorough with the advantages and disadvantages of any treatments and medications you are taking. It is recommended to consult a doctor before starting on the dosage of your CBD treatment.