Recently, QuickBooks has created a lot of buzz. Organizations all across the globe prefer this software to carry out their accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, it can’t be denied that the QuickBooks software is prone to certain errors. One such error is quickbooks error 1712. When you try to install QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or when the operating system is corrupted, this error occurs.
This error can easily be fixed by implementing certain troubleshooting solutions.
In this article, we will go through the rectification methods to resolve quickbooks error 1712.
But first, let us understand what is QuickBooks error 1712.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712?
While attempting to install a QuickBooks desktop in a corrupted folder or when the operating system is damaged, QuickBooks error 1712 occurs.
Generally, it appears with a warning message, stated as below:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
click here – Principled Guideline || The Science Behind the Functioning of a Ball Valve
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712
Now that you are aware of what this error is about, it’s time to go through the causes of quickbooks error 1712 .
List down below are the few causes due to which QuickBooks error 1712 arises.
- Your QuickBooks desktop has damaged data files.
- There have been minimal modifications made to software within the same computer.
- You are attempting to install QuickBooks in a coded or damaged folder.
- Some malicious software such adware, spyware, and virus attack.
- There are some registry errors or corruption in your software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1712
List down below are the certain signs and symptoms that can help you to identify the quickbooks error 1712:
- A blue screen appears on the display
- Input or output error
- QuickBooks desktop freezes
- Shutdown issues
- HTTP error
- Laptop or system not working properly
- Improper QuickBooks desktop installation
Please keep in mind that “QuickBooks desktop freezes” are common symptoms or signals that a user may observe when experiencing a quickbooks unrecoverable error code.
Quick steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1712
To resolve quickbooks error 1712, follow the steps given below:
- Restart the computer
- Use the task manager to close all the QuickBooks versions, running in the background.
- Try installing the QuickBooks again.
In case, the error pertains: add or create a Windows user with administrator rights before attempting to install QuickBooks.
click here – How to safeguard your locality from electricity accidents?
Some other advanced solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1712
If you are not happy with the above quick steps, follow the below solutions to fix quickbooks error 1712
Solution 1: Ending all processes in the task manager
- Start with pressing the Ctrl+ Delete keys.
- Then, click on the Processes tab.
- Now, you need to select the End process in the task manager.
- Finally, you must reboot your system.
Solutions 2: Keeping track of application data in the registry
- At first, search for regit.exe
- Then, in the Shell folders, type “HKEY CURRENT USERSSoftwareMicrosoft WindowsCurrentVersionxposeUser”
- Now click on the entry AppData twice.
- Once done, change the original value with the local profile path.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and then detect the errors.
Solutions 3: Make use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
At first, open the tool hub program on your system and navigate to the installation Issue tab. After that choose QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool option from here (As shown in the image below).
- In the first step, download QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool and install it in your system.
- After that close all the applications that are running in the background to run the QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- Choose open after right-clicking on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now find “I am having problems installing QuickBooks.”
- Click on the “OK” tab
- At last, end the process by rebooting the QuickBooks and ensure that all the changes made are correct.
Solutions 4: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- Download the latest QuickBooks desktop application from the official website of Intuit.
- Then choose ‘change’ and then ‘product edition.’
- Moving ahead, select the latest version.
- Hit a click on the download option. (As shown in the image below)
Then go to the ‘product edition’ and select ‘change.
Solutions 5: Run Quick fix my Program from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- At first, close your QuickBooks desktop and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub File.
- Save the file anywhere on your system so you can easily find it.
- Now open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that you downloaded.
- To install the tool, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the installation is finished, access the tool hub.
- Now, under the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select the “Program problems” option, as well as the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Finally, try to install QuickBooks once more.
I hope the above quick steps may help you to resolve your ongoing quickbooks error 1712. Implementing the above steps may help you to fix the QuickBooks error without any hassle. However, if the error still persists you can get in touch with the technical team.