People usually think that the only way to get a good sleep is by having a comfortable and darkroom. They do not know that there are other good ways to make their sleep more comfortable. One of those ways is by using a weighted blanket.
Adequate and comfortable sleep is considered an effective and affordable way to maintain good health and well-being. Therefore, scientists worldwide are looking for alternatives to drug treatment of sleep disorders and other nervous system disorders. One of the discoveries in this direction was the weighted blanket for natural sleep.
How a weighted blanket works
Weighted blankets have a calming and relaxing effect on the nervous system. The effect is achieved by strong but soft and even pressure on the body. The effect is achieved by strong but soft and even pressure on the body. This is called the Deep Sensory Pressure Technique.
There is an opinion among physiologists that it helps the body move from excitement to a state of calm and relaxation. A heavy blanket helps you fall asleep faster and makes sleep more restful. Deep pressure is like a relaxing massage.
Pro Tip: Use bamboo bedsheets and the weighted blanket to see the useful and surprising healthy results in your sleep.
Bamboo bedsheets are soft and comfortable, but they also have unique properties that make them ideal for keeping you comfortable while you sleep. Choose this bedding type with the organic weighted blanket to sleep well and comfortably.
Weighted blankets are made from which material?
Cotton, twill, microfiber, flannel, plush, etc., are used as the material for the top. Manufacturers prefer white, gray, and beige colors. The rest are less common.
For weighting as fillers are used:
- Buckwheat husk. Environmentally friendly, natural ingredient. Husk products are inexpensive. The disadvantages include a specific smell, which may intensify after washing.
- Glass balls. They do not have any foreign odors. Due to the small diameter, the balls are not felt. Blankets are washable.
- Polypropylene granules. One of the most inexpensive fillers. The material is hypoallergenic, there is no smell, and the blanket can be washed without fear. Before buying, make sure that there are gaskets inside that soften the pressure of the granules.
Weighted blankets are best for?
Conditions in which it is useful to sleep under a heavy blanket:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Autistic disorders (ASD).
- Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic disorders. Due to the production of serotonin during sleep, the symptoms of these conditions are reduced.
- Restless legs syndrome. According to some evidence, a heavy blanket relieves symptoms, making sleep more restful.
Many people these days have trouble sleeping, whether it’s because of stress or anxiety or just a busy lifestyle. Weighted blankets have improved sleep for people with conditions like anxiety and autism.
If you struggle to get a good night’s sleep, consider investing in a weighted blanket. You will be able to catch more comfortable sleep, but you’ll also likely wake up feeling refreshed.