Are your paid advertising tactics going nowhere? Are you spending more than you expected? It may be time to look into better ad options, such as hiring a pay-per-click (PPC) partner.
Whether you are advertising on Google Ads or Microsoft Ads, PPC management partners know and have experience with what your team lacks. They can quickly and efficiently set up your campaign, so you can reap the excellent benefits of PPC in no time.
Learning how to choose the right PPC partner is crucial to your success, and part of the selection process is checking the services they offer. Here are the five top services.
1. Strategizing and Implementation
The success of every paid ads campaign relies on strategy and implementation. These are the strong points that PPC partners offer to their clients. A good agency starts by familiarizing itself with your market or industry.
Some agencies have previous experience working in your sector, providing paid advertising services to businesses similar to yours. After a clear market picture, they can start formulating ad strategies to target your audience. Here are some of the latest PPC strategies that experts use.
- Using promotion extensions. This is adding holiday and occasional events in Google Ads like “Christmas,” “Black Friday,” or “New Year,” assuming that your offer or promotion is during these times. Adding a promotion extension engages your visitors, especially those looking for special deals.
- Including voice search. Agencies use conversation-like keywords in their ads, mostly what people say if they use smart home devices. They first check if your paid ads are getting voice searches and use a keyword tool to research the right keywords.
- Focusing on mobile-specific ads. Search advertising spending is predicted to reach around 260 billion USD in 2022, most coming from mobile in 2027. A PPC agency ensures that your website is optimized for mobile search before they start your campaign.
- Including call extension features. This extension makes it easier for people to contact your business immediately after finding your ads. Your PPC partner can add this to your Google Ads account and use the call metrics to track the results.
- Considering dynamic keyword insertion (DKI). This strategy is based on machine learning or AI that PPC agencies use to customize online ads to match user queries. DKI can increase your ad click-through rate and conversion rate.
- Improving call to action (CTA). An agency considers the customer journey when creating CTAs. First-stage buyers are still gathering information and weighing their options. “Learn More” and “Download” CTAs are perfect at this level. At the funnel’s end, customers are ready to buy. CTAs like “Schedule a Demo” would be more appropriate.
2. Research of Top Keywords
PPC partners use only appropriate keywords for your campaign. They engage in tedious keyword research to ensure that these fit your ad, audience, and landing pages. With careful research, your ads have a better chance of achieving a message match and audience match.
A message match means that your ads and landing pages make sense to people who used your keywords in a search. An audience match means your ads show to people interested in your keywords. More interested people means your ads have a higher chance of getting clicks.
PPC agencies use the following strategies for effective keyword research.
- Establish your goals. An agency notes your conversion and metric goals to understand visitor search intent and find the best keywords for your ads.
- Use keyword research tools. They can access the latest keyword research tools such as Keywords Everywhere, Google Keyword Planner, and Ahrefs. These tools help them find top-ranking PPC keywords.
- Note keyword metrics. Experts know that not all keywords are the same, and they look at the monthly search volume and the cost per click (CPC) to find out which ones are more relevant. Forbes suggests using keywords with a high click-through rate (CTR) and CPC to get positive results.
3. Writing Ad Copies
Companies trust PPC agencies to create engaging ad copies because of their firm knowledge of copywriting practices. They know that Google Ads have unlimited tools to entice searchers to check out and click on an offer, but there is no formula for writing compelling ads.
An experienced PPC agency has created ads for various companies in different industries. They know that writing the best copy is about understanding what the target market wants. People search online because they need something.
Therefore, your copy must show that you understand them and are here to provide solutions to their issues. Here are strategies that PPC agencies use to create outstanding ad copies.
- Address your customers directly. They use “you” and “your” when creating ad copies and talk to them like friends or family members for a personable and friendly approach.
- Take advantage of emotional triggers. An agency attacks the main problem that brings your customers to your ad and finds ways to trigger their emotions. They would not hesitate to engage their audience with negative emotions like anger, anxiety, and fear.
- Understand the use of symbols. A PPC partner uses trademarks, register marks, and numbers to increase engagement. It uses numbers to show prices, sales promotions, or statistics with exact figures rather than round numbers. These tend to gain customer trust. Also, TM and registration marks reveal you are the best source of information.
- Emphasize local business. A PPC partner emphasizes your business location in creating ads because people trust local companies more than big corporations. They create separate campaigns for multiple business locations that run in each of these areas.
Find out more ways how a PPC agency can optimize your ad copies.
4. Tracking PPC Campaigns
According to Digital Authority Partners, hiring a good PPC agency significantly promotes your brand and grows your business. A good PPC agency ensures that your campaigns are correctly tracked with all the needed data to optimize your accounts.
Several key performance indicators (KPIs) help agencies determine whether your ads are performing well.
PPC tracking is necessary because you must fine-tune your strategies to achieve the best results. There may be some flaws at the beginning, but after regular monitoring, your campaigns produce the results you have been waiting for. An experienced PPC agency tracks five essential metrics:
- Impression share is the total daily impressions divided by eligible impressions. Ten impressions mean Google displayed your ad ten times a day in search results. The impression share is 20% if your ad appeared in 10 search results but was eligible for 50 searches.
- Click-through rate is the total number of clicks divided by the total number of impressions. It tells you the proportion of ad viewers that clicked on the ad. Low CTR means that your ads are not engaging enough for your viewers.
- Conversion rate is your conversions divided by the number of clicks. Conversion is when a person clicks on your ad and does what you tell them to do, like subscribing to a newsletter or buying a product. Your conversion rate describes the success of your campaigns. A low conversion rate means your landing page failed to meet user intent.
- Cost-per-click (CPC) is the amount you spend on an ad or campaign. It is how much you pay every time someone clicks your ad. To get the CPC, divide the ad’s total cost by the number of clicks it has received.
- Cost per acquisition (CPA) measures how much you pay for every conversion. To calculate the CPA of your campaign, divide the total cost by the number of conversions it received. The result is the average cost you pay for every conversion.
5. Reporting PPC Results
Finally, PPC agencies create reports that provide insights about your current campaign. Information also includes a summary of your campaign performance compared to that of your competitors.
Your PPC partner takes time to explain these results and advise you on any changes needed in your account. They structure reports using the following strategies:
- Plan goals and objectives. Efficient reporting starts when an agency maps out its goals and objectives. They set specific goals to structure your report using data you need to check your progress.
- Include only critical metrics. They keep their reports simple and easily comprehended by including only essential metrics and data. Refer to the KPIs we mentioned earlier and find out which matters most in your campaign.
- Provide recommendations. An essential part of a PPC report is recommendations by your PPC agency. This report section gives the necessary steps to improve the campaign.
The best PPC agencies perform keyword research, paid ad strategizing, ad copywriting, PPC tracking, and reporting. You are in good hands with a PPC partner that provides all these specialized services to create better and more engaging paid ads.