International Olympiad is a competition that is held annually for the students of classes 3-12 to check their aptitude and knowledge application skills. Every year, the event garners a lot of participation from students all across India making it one of the most difficult tests that a student has to take in standard 6. The mental state of students is also put to test along with their ability to handle stress when under a lot of pressure. Most of the students that ace the examination begin preparing for the exam at an early stage of their life which gives them due advantage over their competitors. The student can go through Class 6 IMO Question Paper 2015 to get a basic gist of what the question paper looks like. The source for obtaining this question paper is attached in this article so that it is convenient for the student. They are available at- https://www.vedantu.com/olympiad/ieo-english-olympiad-previous-year-question-paper-class-6-2015 . While preparing for the Olympiad, a student must have a basic idea of how to proceed further with the steps to achieve a decent rank. This article delves deeper into that realm and mentions 10 tips that every student must follow for betterment in performance.
click here – Basic principles of how to invest in shares
The Top 10 Tips
- A student must be thorough with the NCERT textbook that is used by class 6 students so that a general idea about the syllabus is induced in their minds. After going through the text, he must note down all the important formulas from all the chapters and make a list that should be memorised by the student for better effects. After the memorization of formulas, he must take a separate sheet of paper and write down all the formulae that learnt. In this way, he’ll be able to improve his grip over the formulas.
- After completing the memorization part, the practice part comes into picture. A student must try to solve all the problems from books designed for the international mathematics Olympiad. Once the student has gained enough confidence solving all the problems, he must shift to the past year question papers. The papers that could be used as a starting point are mentioned earlier in this article. Do not try to take a lengthy approach for any problem as this is not the school test where marks are deducted for error in steps. The total mark that a student gets is entirely dependent on his final answer.
- Time management is an important factor while attempting such competitive exams. The International mathematics Olympiad paper consists of 60 questions that are to be done within a time frame of 60 minutes implying that a student gets 1 minute per question. If a student exceeds this time frame then he will not be able to attempt the entire paper that would result in consequential loss of marks. Most of the questions in IMO do not have negative marking so effective guess work could improve the chances of a student scoring well.
- The student must be familiar with the weightage of each and every chapter that is present in the syllabus to devise a better plan. Scanning the past year question papers for an idea about weightage is an appropriate idea. Once a student is familiar with the weightage, he must accordingly spend time going through the topics. What is meant through the preceding line is that if a lot of questions are asked from a certain chapter, then a student must spend a good chunk of their time analysing that topic in deep and practicing relevant questions.
- Distraction in the form of television, web series and talking to peers in WhatsApp ( relevant in the modern offline world) should be cut to a bare minimum at this stage of puberty. A student must dedicate a certain number of hours daily to his preparation keeping all your aside, with a clear mind that is focused entirely on the preparation strategy. After completion of his daily quota, a student may consider doing all these things for recreation purposes because as they say, “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” This is relevant in the modern scenario as well.
- Socializing with peers and discussion of doubts is an essential step for attaining perfection in one’s work. Doubt sessions enable the student to ponder about their mistakes as well as learn new things from their peers as well as teachers. A question must never be stuck in the mind of a student because they may lead to an erroneous concept building in the future. It is extremely important for a student to curb hesitation and ask away the slightest of doubts in order to obtain clarity in the concepts.
- Social media can be used by the student to get in touch with the students as well as experts who have previously aced the exams. Many forums run by specialists are easily accessible on this platform and can be used as a source of encouragement for the students. Video tapes of such students are also easily available that have been put up by experienced individuals all across India.
- Working on stress and anxiety issues is also important for a student because there have been several cases of students who were unable to do well in the exam due to the lack of exam temperament. Exam temperament improves through a lot of practice.
- Bloating or over confidence while giving the exam may result in the downfall of a student’s performance during the exam. So, it is advised to keep the feeling the superiority complex aside.
- While the above point is true, a student must also not be scared of failure in case he is unable to do as well in the final examination.
click here – 4 Ways a Bail Bond Company Offers Discreet Services
Keeping the above points in mind, it shouldn’t be really difficult for a student to ace the examination and make a name for themselves. A sound student is guaranteed to do well if he follows all the tips mentioned in this article.