To empower small traders and manufacturers in India, the Government of India launched a digital marketplace – GEM. This place allows sellers to list their products and services on this GEM Portal so that buyers in the Government sector can easily buy these in bulk.
Whenever there’s a huge requirement of a particular good or service, GEM tenders are placed and bids are invited. At this time, these sellers place their bids to win the tender and the one with the lowest bid and best application is granted the project.
Seller Registration on GEM Portal
If you’re a small trader or manufacturer and wish to upscale your business by gaining impactful projects, you must place bids for GEM portal tenders and gain projects directly from the Government. You need to create your seller profile on GEM to place bids for GEM tenders.
However, there are some websites that provide in-depth details of GEM tenders like BidAssist, TenderOnTime, etc. You can easily register on these websites and get details about all the active or inactive GEM tenders, in case you’re not able to get proper details on the GEM portal.
Now, let’s understand the seller registration process for GEM portal tender.
Steps to Register as a Seller on GEM Portal
- Go to GEM Portal tender website
- Click on “GEM Registration” at the top of the page
- Fill the Seller Registration Form on GEM portal for tenders
- Review your details & submit form
- Select your preferred method of payment & make the registration payment
- You will receive a call from GEM associate
- Verify your details on this call with an OTP that will be sent to you
- You’ll get your Seller ID & login details within 24 hours of successful registration
Details Required in Seller Registration Form for GEM Portal Tender
Applicant needs to provide the following details in the registration form:
- Name of Applicant and Business/Organisation
- Type of Organisation (Proprietorship, Partnership, LLP and Trust etc.)
- Aggregate Turnover in ITR (e.g.: Above Rs 500 Cr, Below Rs 100 Cr)
- Applicant Email ID & Mobile Number
- List of products/services (maximum 10)
- Aadhaar of authorised person
- Date of Business/Firm Incorporation
- Business Address
- City details
- A/c holder name, account number & IFSC
- Date of Birth (as per PAN submitted)
Documents Required as a Seller on GEM Portal
The following documents are needed to be submitted when creating a seller profile for GEM Portal tender bidding:
- Aadhaar Card of Proprietor/ Authorised Person/ Director
- PAN Card of Proprietor or Company PAN
- Cancelled Cheque
- GST Certificate
- MSME Certificate
- Trade Mark Registration (if any)
- ITR of last 3 years
Services Available on GEM Portal
Apart from selling your products and/or services on GEM portal and GEM seller registration, you may avail of the following services as well:
- Product Listing
- Tender Bidding
- Brand Registration
- GST Registration
- Food Licence
- Udyam Registration
- Gumasta Registration
Note: This is only an indicative list.
Now, let’s understand the types of tenders available on the GEM Portal in the next section. Further we shall give a quick view of how to place a bid on GEM.
Types of Products Sold on GEM Portal
Sellers can list the following types of products on the GEM portal and win GEM portal tenders whenever there’s a matching requirement. Alternatively, sellers can visit BidAssist to get any information related to the bidding of the GeM portal tenders, or any other GeM and bidding services like Consultation & Profile Creation, Catalogue Listing & Management, Document preparation & bidding support and Vendor Assessment & Consultation.
- Lab & Scientific Equipment
- Marine Transport
- Batteries, Cell and Accessories
- Dairy Products and Eggs
- Data Voice and Network
- Fire Safety
- Fire Protection
- Industrial Optics
- Industrial Pumps and Compressors
- Heating and Ventilation
GEM Tenders: Conclusion
With such an extensive network laid out for the benefit of small traders and manufactures, GEM Portal should be on your list, always.
Firstly, it has the government seal to it which makes everything that much secure and secondly, the registration process and very easy with a long list of products and services that you can sell here.
For more understanding on how to become a successful bidder, GEM portal also provides training that helps in more than mere registration.
That said, if you’re still apprehensive, you can always take help of other tender websites like BidAssist that offer supremely easy user interface and a holistic database of all types of tenders – be it GEM Portal tender, PWD tenders, State tenders and more. These websites also provide personal assistance at nominal rates to help you further your bidding process and gradually upscale your business.
Take your time, learn about GEM tenders and GEM portal in-depth. Once you’re confident, get yourself registered as a seller on the government portal to grow your business nationwide.